1) This is a JOB, not just lots of screwing around. You work for us, and we pay you. You help us reach our goals, being willing to dedicate several hours a week (at the weekend is fine if you have work or school) to that cause. If you can't handle responsibility or hard work, with some fun, then this isn't for you.
2) You are not somekind of Prima Donna. You are MATURE, PATIENT and SENSIBLE. You do not flip-out under stress or pressure or if something goes wrong. You know not to hassle Hank especially in-game. You are a self-starter who can solve problems yourself, instead of expecting Hank to do it. You do not complain about problems, no matter what they are; you find ways to SOLVE them, then tell Hank! :)
3) You know the commands for the current Snapshot inside and out, you've proven this already to Hank, and are willing to proactively share that knowledge with Hank and the other Ops. Ideally you will know a significant amount about Redstone and/or NBT. If you have videos or screenshots of your work, or can tell us about other servers you admin'd on let us know the URLs, IPs etc.
4) You realize that Hank is the owner, if asked to do something by Hank you do it immediately, not "later". Also that means if Hank or another op sends you an inbox message, you answer it fast i.e. within a few hours. If you fail to answer PMs from Hank, without a very good excuse (like being in hospital or something) you can be permabanned on the spot. Also never make Hank repeat himself.
5) You are trustworthy - you do not abuse your powers in any way, and know that you do not change anything at spawn without asking Hank first. You are not able to ban, only Hank can ban. However, you CAN jail (but only for genuinly bad behaviour - not to settle petty scores). See the commands at jail for instructions on how to use.
6) You are Registered here.
7) You lead by example - regularly posting on forum, voting everyday, writing testimonial (if you don't like us, then why are you here lol), uploading screenshots/videos, generally anything that helps us.
8) You understand the rules inside and out.
9) You are willing to demonstrate your loyalty and investment in the server by (you will get perks in exchange for this even if you don't become Op!). This is non-refundable, even if you lose op (ProTip: Don't lose op!). Please note this does not guarantee you getting op. This is a fee for processing your application. Also make sure you read, understand and agree with this legal notice first. If your application is unsuccessful we may still consider a Helper rank for you and you will get $10 store-credit to use here.
10) You realize only Hank spawns things for people, not ops - that includes spawning items and XP. If you break this you don't just lose op, you get permabanned from all our servers. NEVER spawn for anyone, for any reason.
You also clean-up after yourself - so anything you spawn that is no longer needed goes back into your inv or is thrown away in lava - you DO NOT leave spawned stuff lying around for non-ops to find. IF you do, instant ban.
11) You are willing to help people on the server and website, this includes greeting new people, asking if they need any help, asking if they've read the signs at spawn etc. Also being nice to them - this might sometimes involve biting your tongue (see "PATIENT" in #2). Some people might be new to the game, or maybe not that bright - it doesn't give a right to snap at them. You alienate 1 customer, and you potentially alienate all their friends too, losing multiple customers in the process.
13) You understand the website completely; each of the major sections, where everything is etc. Look at the Navbar (the green texts thing at the top) and take some time to go through everything.
14) You are always aware of every issue facing the server, especially technical issues - for example we are currently facing a lack of ops, helpers, donations and a stable player-base - would you know how to fix that? Or follow Hank's instructions on what to do to remedy it? Or would you proactively find out how to do it and tell Hank?
15) You are SELF-motivated and want to make the server, the best server it can possibly be. You do things to help the server on your own accord without Hank or another op having to constantly remind you.
16) You come on often. At least several hours a week (please tell Hank what hours are most likely for you)
17) You understand that you NEVER op anyone for any reason. Only Hank ops. If you op someone, you won't just lose your own op, you will get permabanned from all our servers.
18) You try to get as many people on the server to register here as possible - you also try to get people to donate. This is in your interests as it keeps the server alive and you get 10% of all monthly donations (25% if SeniorOp)!
19) You realize that if you break any of these conditions, or someone better than you comes along, we can "de-op" you and op them instead.
Return to Recruiting main section
Help us out, make a donation and get some perks :)
Report something (anything), or if you'd like to help improve or maintain this page (graphics, text, links etc) then Click here
Want to leave your mark on this page? Tell us your idea or what you propose
Last updated: May 6, 2014 by Hankscorpiouk