Welcome to the official site of KewlMCserver (KMCS)!

Best Minecraft, Tekkit, Snapshot, Terrafirmacraft and B-Team Servers in the known Multiverse....he said modestly

Forums

Forum Home > New Arrivals > Hello

stupei

Hey,

I go by the name stupeii on Minecraft, and when I first joined, an admin was kind enough to point me and my friend in the direction of the wilderness to help us start building our own house for survival. Within the first 10 minutes of us playing he asked me, "how's the server so far?" I answered, "it seems really nice", because in fact, I had nothing to complain about at that time.

My friend and I found a village and decided to stay next to the villagers when a Junior mod asked us to join his town. We told him that we were going to make our own town to stay in. He responded by teleporting to us and killing us, as well as taking our items. We respawned via our beds and he apologized and gave back the items.

5-10 minutes after he's still constantly asking us to join his town while looking through our storage chests and our answer never changes. He tells us that if we join his town he'll let us have our own section in it, and that we'll even get diamonds for it. We say no. He responds by saying, "this is a survival server, pvp is on", to which I hear my friend tell me that he just warped to him and killed him again, and kept killing him. I disconnect to avoid getting my items stolen but hear that the Junior mod has now started spawning agressive mobs in the village we were staying at.

Needless to say, I'm frustrated.

The Junior mod's nickname was "~manu", his minecraft username is "manumasson8".

I'd say that he broke rules #4 and #5, don't you?

January 11, 2013 at 12:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

stupei at January 11, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Hey,

I go by the name stupeii on Minecraft, and when I first joined, an admin was kind enough to point me and my friend in the direction of the wilderness to help us start building our own house for survival. Within the first 10 minutes of us playing he asked me, "how's the server so far?" I answered, "it seems really nice", because in fact, I had nothing to complain about at that time.

My friend and I found a village and decided to stay next to the villagers when a Junior mod asked us to join his town. We told him that we were going to make our own town to stay in. He responded by teleporting to us and killing us, as well as taking our items. We respawned via our beds and he apologized and gave back the items.

5-10 minutes after he's still constantly asking us to join his town while looking through our storage chests and our answer never changes. He tells us that if we join his town he'll let us have our own section in it, and that we'll even get diamonds for it. We say no. He responds by saying, "this is a survival server, pvp is on", to which I hear my friend tell me that he just warped to him and killed him again, and kept killing him. I disconnect to avoid getting my items stolen but hear that the Junior mod has now started spawning agressive mobs in the village we were staying at.

Needless to say, I'm frustrated.

The Junior mod's nickname was "~manu", his minecraft username is "manumasson8".

I'd say that he broke rules #4 and #5, don't you?

Hi Stupeii, welcome to the server. :)

I'm glad you're enjoying it, apart from this incident which I hope we can resolve satisfactorily for you.

I can see what's happened here and why it would be frustrating and would like to apologize for it.

I should point out that until very recently PvP has indeed been acceptable.  Although a few days ago I posted a thread here saying I was about to disable it, although I didn't actually state when I'd done this.  I decided it was the cause of too many arguments and wanted to encourage trading between members hence my reason to disable it.

Anyway I disabled PvP and took it forgranted that no-one would be able to kill anymore.  I presume the mod did this with sword/arrows and not somekind of command, like burn/lightning etc?  The only way anyone would have known about the change would be an update I made to /rules

Saying that, now everyone knows.  PvP is out.  If you're able to do it, don't.  I'll probably permit it in some designated areas like PvParenas etc, but nowhere else. 

I hope Manu gets to see this, as participating in the forums and replying to my messages on here is considered a basic mod duty - I recently had to let 2 mods go due to them not doing this.

Additionally it is acceptable for mods/admins to look in people's chests IF they believe that cheating/hacking is taking place, but they need good reason to believe this, also it is not acceptable for them to remove anything from the chests or place anything within them.  Do you know if anything was removed?  However, my suggestion to mods/admins is that they don't overdo this, and if they can they try to look in chest at the same time as the player is opening it anyway to minimize disruption.  Opening and closing chests on a whim is not acceptable.  Also I remind members of staff you have access to the /invsee command to look in people's inventories.

As for the spawning of mobs next to you, can you please elaborate?  That is a massive abuse of power if true.  I'm actually surprised by this as I didn't think anyone other than admins had the ability to spawn monsters.  I'm going to double-check our settings now.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Hank.

--

Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

• KMCS Minecraft-Bukkit server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net
  • KMCS Minecraft-Tekikt server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:25000
  • KMCS VST (Snapshot) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:26000
  • KMCS TFC (Terrafirmacraft) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:27000
  • KMCS Attack of the B-Team Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:28000

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

[Social Media: socialmedia.kewlmcserver.net]

Enjoying yourself here?  mcreviews.kewlmcserver.net

Donate / Get something kewl

Got an idea, a suggestion, a problem?  Click to let us know :)

Regards, Hank :)

January 11, 2013 at 6:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Fabregas485

Hey Stupei.

First of all, there is nothing much to say other than whats stated by Hank. I would like to say welcome to the server, and sorry this happened to you. I will leave this for a day or two to see if manu is reading the forum like required. (Manu if you are reading this please indicate some how)

Once again, sorry. This is now how new people, or any person on the server should be treated at all.

--

Role on KewlMCServer: Admin and CHD (Chief Hole Digger)

Please contact me if you have any problems/questions/ or would like a hole dug :P

kewlmcserver.webs.com/apps/members/

January 11, 2013 at 1:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

824 views - 0 comments
1246 views - 0 comments