Welcome to the official site of KewlMCserver (KMCS)!

Best Minecraft, Tekkit, Snapshot, Terrafirmacraft and B-Team Servers in the known Multiverse....he said modestly

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Don't ask for Admin

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

Like an idiot I trusted cheframsay with it, next thing I find him selling 128 diamonds to server.  No explanation.

Ok.....

Then I ask him to find out about the monster spawning problem, he doesn't, some days pass, I mention it repeatedly, still no answer.  Not doing one's job as an admin there....

Ok....so just now, it's 8:25AM, I can't sleep.  I decide to see what's happening on the server one last time before I attempt sleep again.  What do I see?  I see cheframsay giving some guy I don't even know, thezackster99, creative.  WTF!?  This is a survival server!!!!L!  If you want creative, find a creative server FFS!!!!  Giving someone creative on here without my knowledge or permission is about the worst abuse of power an admin can ever make.  It's pretty much as bad as spawning a bunch of diamonds then selling them to the server.

Ok....so I demote chef to SeniorMods.  Does he apologise?  Hell no.  I also ban zackster.  Then chef starts questioning me, like he's totally oblivious to everything.  So in anger I ban him too, just temporarily, what happens, he starts talking to me from another account, Warrior_Arthus.  Multiple accounts?  What?

Sorry chef but I have worked damned hard on this server to have you or your buddies attempt to smash it up, you betrayed my trust and once that's gone you generally never get it back. 

--

Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

• KMCS Minecraft-Bukkit server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net
  • KMCS Minecraft-Tekikt server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:25000
  • KMCS VST (Snapshot) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:26000
  • KMCS TFC (Terrafirmacraft) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:27000
  • KMCS Attack of the B-Team Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:28000

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

[Social Media: socialmedia.kewlmcserver.net]

Enjoying yourself here?  mcreviews.kewlmcserver.net

Donate / Get something kewl

Got an idea, a suggestion, a problem?  Click to let us know :)

Regards, Hank :)

December 31, 2012 at 3:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

To other readers, DO NOT ask for admin, it's clear I need a very different procedure for recruiting people to that rank.  It's too easy for admins to cause chaos if they choose, either through bad intention or carelessness.  Mods ranks are still available though, just not admin.  Also it's a SURVIVAL server, as I have mentioned elsewhere on this site, so don't ask for creative.  If somehow I could combine survival and creative I would, but am not sure how, really this is the kind of thing an Admin would learn for me, or already know before even bothering to ask for such an important rank of responsibility.

--

Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

December 31, 2012 at 3:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

As the rules CLEARLY state, "no hax, no cheats, no dupes".....if it was just one infraction it could possibly be overlooked.

--

December 31, 2012 at 3:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

Also chef why were you trying to make me a Mayor?  I am a member of Cube's town and he is the Mayor.  Again it seems you're messing with commands and procedures that aren't to be touched.  Admins are subject to rules.  Even SeniorAdmins are.  You cannot do whatever you want, whenever you want with admin power as it's an abuse and will screw everything up that I've worked so hard for.  I know what does and doesn't work on these servers so have these rules and procedures for very good reason, I had to learn many of those lessons the hard way chef so don't need you coming in and randomly pushing buttons to satisfy some need for instant gratification.

--

December 31, 2012 at 3:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

Chef, I may or may not be willing to give you HelperVIP status in recognition of your good work on the spawn.  Read about ranks for more info.  Clearly I made a HUGE mistake giving you admin, and perhaps in not spelling the responsibilities out more carefully.  When you said you understood not to spawn things for other people, that you understood it was an abuse if power, I assumed you would also realise giving ppl Creative or selling spawned material is also an abuse of power, so didn't think to mention it, it just seemed obvious.  I will unban you once you respond to this, depending on how you respond.  Although another failing seems to be you don't even come to the website often, a definite no-no for admins, so probably won't even see this thread.  :/

--

December 31, 2012 at 4:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

798 views - 0 comments
1215 views - 0 comments