Welcome to the official site of KewlMCserver (KMCS)!

Best Minecraft, Tekkit, Snapshot, Terrafirmacraft and B-Team Servers in the known Multiverse....he said modestly

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > How do you farm?

Elite6809

Personally for wheat farming I just have one water block surrounded by tilled dirt, filled with crops.

For melon and pumpkin farming, I have one central row of dirt for then to grow on, to rows of farmland next to the dirt for the stalk to grow on and two rows of water next to the tilled farmland. I usually embed the water in the wall so you can't see it.

For reed farming I use one central lane of water bordered by reeds. Simple.

By keeping everything nice and compact I can stuff it all into the crammed underground base of mine.

February 21, 2012 at 3:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

swordmaker2

the way i do wheat is:
X=tilled dirt with seed
0=water

0XXXX0XXXX0 

and just keep going. i have it 7 deep so i can just use 1 water

--

****************************************************************************************************

There are 10 type of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't

February 21, 2012 at 4:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

swordmaker2

the way i do wheat is:
X=tilled dirt with seed
0=water

0XXXX0XXXX0 

and just keep going. i have it 7 deep so i can just use 1 water

--

****************************************************************************************************

There are 10 type of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't

February 21, 2012 at 4:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Fabregas485

I do not farm much, but I would go for strips.

Water = W     Dirt = D

WHEAT:  WDDWDDW etc. Have it so 1 runnig water makes it all the way to the end to push items that land in the water to you

PUK/MELON= WDDWDDW

REED= WDDWDDW

Before you say, I do it this way so that my fields can be swapped to another purpose easily when I need more of a item.

Also easy to expand

--

Role on KewlMCServer: Admin and CHD (Chief Hole Digger)

Please contact me if you have any problems/questions/ or would like a hole dug :P

kewlmcserver.webs.com/apps/members/

February 21, 2012 at 6:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

834 views - 0 comments
1256 views - 0 comments