Welcome to the official site of KewlMCserver (KMCS)!

Best Minecraft, Tekkit, Snapshot, Terrafirmacraft and B-Team Servers in the known Multiverse....he said modestly

Forums

Forum Home > Announcements > Test server in operation

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

CBA explaing anymore, you CBA even voting FFS :mad:

Maybe Vashal will explain the specifics.

--

Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

• KMCS Minecraft-Bukkit server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net
  • KMCS Minecraft-Tekikt server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:25000
  • KMCS VST (Snapshot) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:26000
  • KMCS TFC (Terrafirmacraft) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:27000
  • KMCS Attack of the B-Team Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:28000

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

[Social Media: socialmedia.kewlmcserver.net]

Enjoying yourself here?  mcreviews.kewlmcserver.net

Donate / Get something kewl

Got an idea, a suggestion, a problem?  Click to let us know :)

Regards, Hank :)

February 5, 2012 at 6:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

Basically this is in preparation for the Bukkit relaunch.  There's 40 [apparently] working plugins on the test server so far, but it's 1.1 meaning no jungles and ocelots.  So far 2 plugins are throwing up console spam, those other 40 are fine though.  I've not tried the spout stuff again yet, but I'm guessing this is where it all gets messy again.  Anyway, what do we prefer jungles or plugins?  We won't be able to have both until 1) Jeb launches 1.2 officially 2) The Bukkit team make a version that works with it.  That could be weeks, it could be a few months.  Until then we have to decide which one we want.  I guess we could go with one 1 week, then the other the next week, or something like that so we get jungles and plugins, just not at the same time.  Input appreciated.  Also, for God's sake vote for us pls, it'll make it more likely that new people will come in :)

--

Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

February 5, 2012 at 8:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

Here comes the Spout stuff *taking out life insurance*

Edit:  Hmmmm, that same "invalid plugin exception" stuff from before.

--

February 5, 2012 at 8:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

Bye bye Spout console spam.  Fixed it, finally! 8)

Turns out I was doing something very herpyderpyish!

--

February 5, 2012 at 8:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aaron DeWitt

Yeah 1.2 stuff is nice imo, and i love the concept of tree houses and the likes, but i think it would be best to stay at 1.1 at least untill we have some type of notice about the release of 1.2. Also i think we have the greatest chance at drawing in people if we stay at 1.1 :D

I've also voted on those websites =p AND i love the new Banner at the top!

--

I'm TealsHusband

February 5, 2012 at 8:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

geega17

I agree with teals, I think running bukkit 1.1 and sticking with it is the best way to get new people into the server.

February 5, 2012 at 8:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

Update: 51 plugins including Spout stuff on.  Small CRC-related error connected with Spout on server start, but none of the insane console spam of before. 

Uhhh, what else.  Vanishnopacket, Hidemyname and Achievements/Stats are being total bitches, but I think Achievements is supposed to be, as I think the latest version is quite old.  So I temporarily removed VNP and HMY until we can figure out whats going on.

Only runtime errors I'm seeing so far is with Thorhammer.  It seems to work sometimes, but othertimes cause console spam.  So now someone needs to volunteer to test the other 50 plugins ingame xD

But seriously, I'm expecting iAuction to still not do its job properly but no fatal server -crashing stuff.  Let's find out....

Edit: The ONLY startup errors now:

13:55:13 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-7"

13:55:13 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException

13:55:13 [SEVERE]       at org.getspout.commons.io.CRCStore.getCRC(CRCStore.java:111)

13:55:13 [SEVERE]       at org.getspout.commons.io.CRCStore$URLCheck.run(CRCStore.java:169)

13:55:13 [INFO] [PermissionsEx] Initializing file backend

13:55:14 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-8"

13:55:14 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException

13:55:14 [SEVERE]       at org.getspout.commons.io.CRCStore.getCRC(CRCStore.java:111)

13:55:14 [SEVERE]       at org.getspout.commons.io.CRCStore$URLCheck.run(CRCStore.java:169)

13:55:14 [INFO] [Register] Preferred method [null] not found, using first found.

13:55:14 [INFO] [Register] version 1.5 is enabled.

13:55:14 [INFO] [Spout] Loading Spout v737.

13:55:14 [INFO] [Spout] Spout 737 has been initialized

PS if you say, "remove Spout completely" I'll have to murder you. :D

--

February 5, 2012 at 8:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

This is kinda what Innso was saying, just a shame about the way he said it.....  :/

Yeah, sometimes you can go for all the shiny new stuff without thinking about the consequences.  Treehouses are kewl, but plugins and new people even kewler.

How do you feel about 1 or 2 days a week of 1.2 or should we just not even think about it at all until it's officially released?

Also, did you vote?  >:]

--

February 5, 2012 at 8:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

So.....shall I put the last Bukkit map back in with Florence etc?  Or are we starting fresh?  Doesn't bother me either way.

--

February 5, 2012 at 8:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aaron DeWitt

I think if we keep hopping back and forth from 1.2 and 1.1 the people we have now, and what new people we bring in might get tired of constantly switching their jar files. 

Also i think we both know theres alot of people out there that wouldn't even be able to understand switching jar files. Even if you drew it out with crayon for them. (i'm sure we both could come up with a name or 2) =p

--

I'm TealsHusband

February 5, 2012 at 9:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aaron DeWitt

As far as keeping the old map, or starting fresh, i don't really mind either way.

--

I'm TealsHusband

February 5, 2012 at 9:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

Lol agreed.  It may have been a slight mistake to look at 1.2 but me and Vashal couldn't wait and it was kinda fun to play with the new stuff for a few days.  I think most people probably enjoyed it,  but we can't make a habit of switching back and forth too often,  

I wonder if there are many modified clients besides Spout, that way people wouldn't have to worry about switching jar files, theoretically.  Also we could make a tutorial page or 2 explaining how to do stuff like Spout, switching jar files etc and put under the Help menu, maybe have it complete with screenshots showing where the .minecraft/bin folder is etc.

Anyway, IMO, Spout is a better client regardless of the new content it lets you see.  Being able to paste text into chat, or get our coords without all those graphs getting in the way, being able to make our own keyboard shortcut hotkey things (if I can get SpoutKeyCommands working again)....

Also, when 1.2 officially comes out do we go to it straight away 24/7 but obviously Vanilla, or maybe keep Bukkit and 1.1 around for weekends?  Again, there's the switching back and forth of jars if we did the latter so we'd be best using somekind of modified client.....or.....*idea* could write a batch file to automatically move the old jar and rename / move the new one into place so all they have to do is double-click an icon.

--

February 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

Hmmmm, TownySpout.....

Could not load 'plugins/TownySpout.jar' in folder 'plugins':

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

*depressed* supposedly you can make it play music when you enter your town!

--

February 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

geega17
I say we stick with bukkit 1.1 till bukkit 1.2, just for the sake of getting new players. I personally dont care about the map either way honestly, I had like 3 stacks of diamonds XD it got boring haha
February 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

Just logged in with the Spout Client and got....

16:01:38 [INFO] <TealsHusband> lol

16:02:11 [INFO] hankscorpiouk [/] logged in with entity id 1477 at ([world] -41.78630309576119, 63.015625, 266.474527224652)

16:02:13 [SEVERE] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

16:02:13 [SEVERE]       at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)

16:02:13 [SEVERE]       at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:691)

16:02:13 [SEVERE]       at org.getspout.spout.player.SimpleFileManager.onPlayerJoin(SimpleFileManager.java:92)

16:02:13 [SEVERE]       at org.getspout.spout.PlayerManager.onSpoutcraftEnable(PlayerManager.java:82)

16:02:13 [SEVERE]       at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:185)

16:02:13 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.Packet18ArmAnimation.handle(SourceFile:38)

16:02:13 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)

16:02:13 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:100)

16:02:13 [SEVERE]       at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:552)

16:02:13 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:78)

16:02:13 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:537)

16:02:13 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:435)

16:02:13 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)

16:02:13 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:691)

at org.getspout.spout.player.SimpleFileManager.onPlayerJoin(SimpleFileManager.java:92)

at org.getspout.spout.PlayerManager.onSpoutcraftEnable(PlayerManager.java:82)

at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:185)

at net.minecraft.server.Packet18ArmAnimation.handle(SourceFile:38)

at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:100)

at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:552)

at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:78)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:537)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:435)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)

Any ideas?

It kills me, but we might have to nuke the Spout stuff.....there's gotta be a better way surely? :'(

--

February 5, 2012 at 11:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Fabregas485

I would say say with 1.1 till 1.2 is released.

--

Role on KewlMCServer: Admin and CHD (Chief Hole Digger)

Please contact me if you have any problems/questions/ or would like a hole dug :P

kewlmcserver.webs.com/apps/members/

February 5, 2012 at 11:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vashal

I personally love what spout has to offer, but we could always temporarily nuke it, and keep working to fix it on the test server. Shouldn't be that big of a problem

February 5, 2012 at 1:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

Vashal at February 5, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I personally love what spout has to offer, but we could always temporarily nuke it, and keep working to fix it on the test server. Shouldn't be that big of a problem

Yup, agreed, not much choice really.

--

February 5, 2012 at 1:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

But could we get to the bottom of what's up with Spout?

--

February 5, 2012 at 11:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

Ok, removed all that Spout stuff, down to 46 plugins now which shouldn't throw any console spam.  But I insist we find out what's wrong with Spout.  We all like it after all, right? :)

--

February 5, 2012 at 11:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

873 views - 0 comments
1305 views - 0 comments