Welcome to the official site of KewlMCserver (KMCS)!

Best Minecraft, Tekkit, Snapshot, Terrafirmacraft and B-Team Servers in the known Multiverse....he said modestly

Forums

Forum Home > Announcements > ATTENTION: Map Reset for 1.2

Vashal

Most of you know 1.2 is on its way, and with it brings a new biome. I for one am looking forward to jungles and ocelots, and I know hank is as well. Therefore we will NOT be waiting for bukkit this time.

We are going to upgrade the server to 1.2 on release, A new map will be generated. Until bukkit releases, it will be basically 100% vanilla, maybe with a few things for protection still. If you want you're buildings moved over, I apologize but no. The work required for Hank (and it has to be hank, as I'm not at his computer going through his files) to copy, and move builds over to the new world, then for me to fix up the terrain is too much.

Plus, those who have been here while me and hank were getting things to work can honestly see the economy is broken, because it wasn't finalized when we allowed it, and no one wants that. So during the wait for bukkit while we are vanilla, i'm going to ask everyone a few things.

First off, this is directed solely at Admins, much like myself. I have gotten to the point where i've missed sleep to help fix something critical, and we have 4 other admins... So I'll say this nicely, learn the plugins...Breathe the plugins...Fix the Plugins.

We'll update the plugin list so everyone can see, read up on everything, know the commands and be able to bugfix or restart if something happens, instead of asking me. Secondly, the admin title isn't like VIP or Donator. Those allow you to have new and fun commands for no added responsibility. However those aren't the title you have. As Admin, you are basically a slave to the non staff, and a slave to hank. Hank is currently making a lot of things detailing what we should all be doing, so read it when he finishes.

This is for you mods of the future, you're job is the players. You help the players, you keep the players in check. You need to know the plugins too, but not how to fix them, but how to work them. If a new player logs on, and the people on are a JuniorMod, me, hank, and a regular, and you need help, who do you ask? First /msg the juniormod, if its a severe problem, such as griefing, he should /msg me or another admin. Hank shouldn't come into the equation, so I won't add him in. Basically, you are a mediator, teacher to the noobs, crowd controller, hack watcher, and player.

This is for all donators, future donators, and those thinking about it.

Ty. That is all.

This is for all normal players, VIPs etc., Read these forums often, post ideas and help out when we need it because it directly reflects what you will see for the server and for the forums. I can't stress it enough to not bother Hank..or me for that matter if possible, remember if its just a plugin command question or something. Just ask out-loud, a lot of players know the commands too.

This is for the nubs. Read the forums, read the FAQs, read the rules, obey the rules, ...break the rules and be punished.

To some things up with a TL;DR:

Update to 1.2 soon, Map Reset imminent, Map Reset is Vashal's fault, blame him., Vanilla MC for awhile, Do you're damn jobs.

P.S. This topic was hastily written and is subject to change after your first read, so check it often.

--

February 1, 2012 at 11:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

^^^ this.

Edit: what he said, not the cat....well, ok, the cat too.

--

Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

• KMCS Minecraft-Bukkit server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net
  • KMCS Minecraft-Tekikt server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:25000
  • KMCS VST (Snapshot) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:26000
  • KMCS TFC (Terrafirmacraft) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:27000
  • KMCS Attack of the B-Team Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:28000

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

[Social Media: socialmedia.kewlmcserver.net]

Enjoying yourself here?  mcreviews.kewlmcserver.net

Donate / Get something kewl

Got an idea, a suggestion, a problem?  Click to let us know :)

Regards, Hank :)

February 1, 2012 at 11:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

Actually I want to add, and I've said this before...

We never bin maps.  They are retained.  However due to the way Minecraft works, when new stuff is added to the game it often means old maps become obsolete,  If anyone is to blame for this it's Mojang, not me, Vashal, Teals or anyone here,  if people want to continue to play with the old maps they have 1 option...becoming paying VIPs, then they can download the maps for use on their own machines/hosts/whatever,  Why does it cost?  Bandwidth and effort on my part, not to mention the server and website is currenty costing a total of approx $33 a month.  I want to cover as little as that as possible, I am not a rich man IRL, I also don't have much time and want my life to be about more than just Minecraft. Additionally if you don't want the whole map, but just your own builds ported over to new maps, it's the same story; although, even if you're paying, there's no guarantee that underground stuff can be moved.  

Anyway, keep an eye on the Upgrades page.  If people have any intelligent alternative ideas I'm all ears.

Edit: 1) Every server will be having similar issues when 1.2 comes out or the ones who are moving across early.

2) Vanilla and a short break from Bukkit, and especially Spout, will mean more stability.  It generally doesn't fall over so much.

--

Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

• KMCS Minecraft-Bukkit server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net
  • KMCS Minecraft-Tekikt server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:25000
  • KMCS VST (Snapshot) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:26000
  • KMCS TFC (Terrafirmacraft) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:27000
  • KMCS Attack of the B-Team Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:28000

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

[Social Media: socialmedia.kewlmcserver.net]

Enjoying yourself here?  mcreviews.kewlmcserver.net

Donate / Get something kewl

Got an idea, a suggestion, a problem?  Click to let us know :)

Regards, Hank :)

February 1, 2012 at 12:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vashal

Before the whining or complaining starts about us starting a new map, this topic will be locked. You can cry about it in private, get over it, and enjoy jungles like me and hank will be.

--

February 1, 2012 at 12:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.

Recent Videos

851 views - 0 comments
1273 views - 0 comments