Welcome to the official site of KewlMCserver (KMCS)!

Best Minecraft, Tekkit, Snapshot, Terrafirmacraft and B-Team Servers in the known Multiverse....he said modestly

Forums

Forum Home > Announcements > ANNOUNCEMENT: Bukkit uploaded

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

Hey everyone, I just uploaded Bukkit, meaning hopefully no more CanaryMod/hMod etc.  Seems to be behaving itself so far.

Bukkit kinda seems ready now, at least ready enough to investigate a bit more here.  If it fails I guess we can always go back to Canary *putting gun in mouth* *jk!*

You don't need to do anything....HOWEVER, it'd help me a lot if you could find out how to transfer Canary/hMod worlds to Bukkit because at the moment we have a brand new map, and I know some people (including myself) have worked very hard on last map so might not be ready to give their stuff up.

With CanaryMod we had just the one "World" folder with the map in it, now we have 3 folders....World_One, World_One_TheNether and World_One_TheEnd.  I tried putting the contents of the old "World" into World_One but it doesn't seem to be happening, also what would happen to our stuff in Nether even if it was successful.  This is just a heads-up that we MIGHT have to start a new map, but if you guys have any ideas how we can salvage the old one pls lemme know.  I save all the old maps btw, and have them going back quite some time so don't worry about that :)

In addition to this we need to find as many kewl plugins as possible.  Am open to suggestions.  Have got a bunch already uploaded that just need configuring.

--

Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

• KMCS Minecraft-Bukkit server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net
  • KMCS Minecraft-Tekikt server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:25000
  • KMCS VST (Snapshot) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:26000
  • KMCS TFC (Terrafirmacraft) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:27000
  • KMCS Attack of the B-Team Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:28000

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

[Social Media: socialmedia.kewlmcserver.net]

Enjoying yourself here?  mcreviews.kewlmcserver.net

Donate / Get something kewl

Got an idea, a suggestion, a problem?  Click to let us know :)

Regards, Hank :)

January 8, 2012 at 8:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

geega17
First of all, please try to salvage the old map xD second, is the "world" file for canary the last file? like, can you open it with winRAR, or go deeper into it to somehow separate the world files? I'll get to looking on how to change a canary map into a bukkit one, same with the plugins. If you could send me a copy of the canary map so I can play with it a bit and see if I can get anywhere with it, I'd gladly do that.
January 9, 2012 at 6:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

geega17
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/bukkit-wont-recognize-my-old-map.51063/ That seemed to work, try it out when you get the chance :D
January 9, 2012 at 6:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

Kewl thx, I'll try salvaging the world with that.  Btw I don't know how it works, at all lol, I just wanted to quickly acknowledge your post and say I noticed you having problems with some commands before, but it should be fixed now.  I've added fracking dozens (from Essentials), and still have dozens, maybe more lol, to go. :)

--

Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

January 9, 2012 at 8:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

Wow, server's been up all night and day.  Seems Bukkit is paying off, finally :)

--

January 10, 2012 at 12:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vashal

mmm, i'll look into it, but i've never seen it be just one world folder.

From past experience it's always been two, well, three now that there is the end.

Also, for plugins, i think we should ditch magic carpet type, and just enable zombe's fly mod for admin/mod. Also, as I am a frequent user of them, VoxelPlugins. 

which you can find here http://www.voxelwiki.com/minecraft/VoxelPlugins

since we're survival, it would also be nice to have an economy plugin and npc plugin, which i'll look for specifics when i get home.

Also regarding the worlds again, if worst happens, you could always world edit over peoples builds if you know how (I personally have never used WE, i just know others do).

Finally, you may be wondering why i came back, and then disappeared again, and then came back. Well, mainly computer issues, after playing minecraft, and then five seconds later java crash, i quit minecraft altogether. Just upgraded PC, minecraft works fine for now, and i would of been more active on the forums, but at the time nothing was really happening. but anyway, hopefully this works out.

January 10, 2012 at 1:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vashal

Damnit, i wish i could edit at anytime >.>

Anyway, you were looking for a cuboid, and that would be World Edit and VoxelSniper in a nutshell, except they are wayyyyy better.

VoxelAir can do flying, but i'd still prefer zombe's.

VoxelPort can do quick travel to places far away

VoxelGadget allows for amazing redstone style creations

TacticalBacon is just a for fun, and these are basically all the plugins that would work for a survival server.

oh oh wait, also VoxelUpdate allows you to get, and update all those plugins from in game :).

Let's see what else..oh yeah, a town style plugin..nothing comes to mind, but i'm sure it won't be hard to find.

January 10, 2012 at 1:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

@Vashal: kewl thx, I'll check those out right now.  Btw what's up with edit?

@Erik:  Hmmmm, it seems that "XP Books" and "Tomes" are mods and not plugins....you sure this'll work with multiplayer?  Which reminds me, it might be interesting if we could get that old planes thing working....

--

January 10, 2012 at 5:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vashal

um, what i meant by the edit was its timed, you have to edit within such and such time, like 10 mins i think, and i didn't. Do forum mods get that privledge? Can i have forum mod?

January 11, 2012 at 1:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

@Vashal: modded and good suggestions.  Is VoxelPort similar to Jump command btw or very different?

@Geega: not forgotten about old world, been kinda hectic the last day or 2 just trying to make server work.  Seems to be stable now though :)

--

January 12, 2012 at 4:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

Good news (for once):  I managed to recover the old world Geeg, only looked briefly but my overworld stuff was there and our stuff at Nether was too.  Hopefully your, Erik, Campie and anyone else's stuff is ok too. :)

PS apologies for delay

--

January 12, 2012 at 4:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

geega17
Yay! :D have you switched the server to the old map? and I looked at 1.1 and it didnt seem to have any new map elements, so we can keep it without losing any cool new stuff :D
January 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

yep, me and Vashal have been in old map for a few hours now.  My stuff seems to be there and your town, but his library seems to be gone for some reason.  I guess I could try looking for it with MCEdit....

Also a desert where there should be forest, and my wooden plank mansion from very latest map has managed to make it's way into map *confused* :/

I didn't check inside your buildings, so no idea how that worked out but from outside they seem fine.

--

January 12, 2012 at 4:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

....and good news about lack of new map elements.  Is getting ridiculous starting a new map every 10 seconds :o

--

January 12, 2012 at 4:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

851 views - 0 comments
1273 views - 0 comments