Welcome to the official site of KewlMCserver (KMCS)!

Best Minecraft, Tekkit, Snapshot, Terrafirmacraft and B-Team Servers in the known Multiverse....he said modestly

Forums

Forum Home > Announcements > Crow / We're not dead

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

Playing with Crow (which is the nightly builds of CanaryMod) on KMCS, going well so far.  So __theoretically__ we should be able to get at least some plugins IMMINENTLY :))

Nice to have some good news for once :)

--

Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

• KMCS Minecraft-Bukkit server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net
  • KMCS Minecraft-Tekikt server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:25000
  • KMCS VST (Snapshot) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:26000
  • KMCS TFC (Terrafirmacraft) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:27000
  • KMCS Attack of the B-Team Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:28000

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

[Social Media: socialmedia.kewlmcserver.net]

Enjoying yourself here?  mcreviews.kewlmcserver.net

Donate / Get something kewl

Got an idea, a suggestion, a problem?  Click to let us know :)

Regards, Hank :)

December 18, 2011 at 1:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

Feel free to suggest some plugins....

also I started a new map just while I'm testing this, but if you don't wanna start new one lemme know, I've still got the last few one (last few actually). :)

I kinda like starting fresh, but I'll respect however you guys wanna do it.

--

Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

December 18, 2011 at 4:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

geega17
I like the new map :D and so glad to hear the server is back up! Erik and I are doing a city construcion challenge thingy, pretty hard but lots of fun :D I have a suggestion, because while KMCS was down Erik and I went to another server for a bit and built a house and stuff, but then I realized stuff gets boring when you have all the resources and there's nothing new ahead, so I was thinking maybe once a month or once every few months we could store the old map/map used for normal play, and make a challenge map. We could post the rules of the challenge right near the spawn, and we could do a new challenge every time, or the same one if everyone likes one in particular enough to do it again. I feel that there are enough challenge modes/maps out there (cake defece anyone?) to keep in fresh, at least for a while, and I think it'd add vareity to the server and get rid of some monotony :D Lemme know what you think about it please!
December 25, 2011 at 11:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

geega17
Oh, and the server has been down for a few days and I can't find the link to report it, so I thought I'd post it here, as far as im aware nobody has traveled too far, so that shouldn't have broken it O-o
December 27, 2011 at 10:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

Sure, it sounds like a good idea, do you wanna be in charge of it?  Any more ideas for how it should work?

Am I right in thinking you're a mod right now btw?

Oh and the link for reporting stuff is under "Communicate" (Quality Assurance->Contact Us).  I should probably have something more noticeable and direct.

--

December 28, 2011 at 11:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

geega17
Contact Us). I should probably have something more noticeable and direct. Got it, i'll be sure to use that from now on when the server's down. And on the suggesting plugins note, I looked around but I couldnt figure out if the bukkit/hmod plugins are compatible with canary/crow, some cool ones ive seen though are towny, there was one that let you choose a race, each race had different powers and stuffs, and the same thing with classes, that seemed pretty cool :D Oh, and for antoher challenge, we could try to colonize the end :D I could maybe write up a list of requirements or something, I just always thought thatd be fun to attempt. (sorry for the copy/paste, wanted to adress each question individually)
December 28, 2011 at 4:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

geega17
Apparently that didnt post correctly, yes id like to be in charge if thats ok, yes i have more ideas/maps/challenges for it, yes id like to be a mod, i filled out the application
December 28, 2011 at 5:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

geega17 at December 28, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Apparently that didnt post correctly, yes id like to be in charge if thats ok, yes i have more ideas/maps/challenges for it, yes id like to be a mod, i filled out the application

Just a quick reply now before more comprehensive reply later to say I'm doing some maintenance on server and hope to have it back up in a few mins and with your mod rank effective.  Although because of the condition of CanaryMod/Crow/Bukkit etc you probably won't have access to many plugins.  The whole modding scene still seems to be in a pretty poor condition.  Although at least griefing shouldn't be possible thanks to TownyMod - need to have stuff in towns to be protected.

--

December 28, 2011 at 5:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

This might take longer than I thought, all my browsers are spazzing out all of a sudden, stuff about "untrusted connections" :(

--

December 28, 2011 at 6:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

geega17
Thanks so much :D its up and running, ill check my mod stoofles now
December 28, 2011 at 6:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

geega17
Okay, I'm not sure what's wrong, but once I disconnected I can't reconnect, ive resarted my computer, and it didn't work, I also tried forcing an update and I still couldn't connect. 2 of my freinds have reported having the same problem, being able to connect once and then not after that.
December 28, 2011 at 8:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

It's not you, it's the CanaryMod/hMod plugins.  Canary is meant to be a continuation of hMod, but sadly not all the old plugins will automatically work, some need work, but not all of them have been converted/updated.

Also, if that wasn't bad enough the only way to use 1.0.0 with Canary is through the nightly build system they have called Crow.  Well as of a few days ago anyway, we can check if there's been any change.  Problem with Crow is it's quite unstable.  They don't feel comfortable with the nightly Crow builds to make them an official CanaryMod release.  But then it's the only way to get 1.0.0 so basically a few of the plugins were trashing it.  I've scaled them down a bit now.  If it keeps failing I'll remove a few more plugins until we know which plugins can be relied upon to work with Crow.

On the plus side a few of them seem fine, like MagicCarpet, Towny etc.

What would be damn awesome though is if iConomy or something similar could be got working.

Guess we'll need to keep a close eye on the Canary forums, and those of Bukkit too for any updates.

Btw any ideas what software that other server you went to was using?

My understanding right now is that Bukkit works with 1.0.0 so is probably more stable, but the permissions haven't been sorted out, so essentially everyone would be either a regular or an admin, not the most desirable of situations. :(

--

December 29, 2011 at 10:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

You could create a thread on the contests idea if you'd like?  I could even put that thread in a new forum section dedicated to that kinda thing. 

Also I was thinking a while ago about maybe 1 or 2 days a week dedicated to something like Hardcore mode or some other very specific style of play, maybe where PvP was turned on or something, I dunno what ppl think?

--

December 29, 2011 at 11:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

Btw I notice we're getting,

"java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread"  a bit.  Dunno what plugin is causing it though. :/

Edit: or maybe even the server itself :o

--

December 29, 2011 at 11:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

geega17
December 29, 2011 at 12:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

Seems LWC was causing quite a few problems, had to nuke it (for now) and restart.  Maybe you can find an alternative to LWC?  Oh well, at least towny and MagicCarpet are working....

--

December 29, 2011 at 3:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

geega17
I'll look around for some, and yeah, those 2 are important
December 29, 2011 at 3:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

geega17
down again, no kick this time, erik and i cant reconnect
December 29, 2011 at 5:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mofocro

Hmm, i've heard of a plug-in that can lock chests/furnaces/doors that isn't LWC, i looked around for the name and found it. Lockette, it's pretty much the same thing, but what i dont like about it is that u have to place a sign on your chest.

December 29, 2011 at 9:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mofocro

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/sec-lockette-v1-4-9-beta-simple-chest-and-door-lock-no-databases-588-1597.4336/

Thats the link to the plug-in. Btw all my plug-ins i post are Bukkit so far. Should i go look at canary plug-ins aswell? 

December 29, 2011 at 9:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

851 views - 0 comments
1273 views - 0 comments