Welcome to the official site of KewlMCserver (KMCS)!

Best Minecraft, Tekkit, Snapshot, Terrafirmacraft and B-Team Servers in the known Multiverse....he said modestly

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Sticky: When stuff goes wrong

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

When something goes wrong with server or you can't log in can you do this please....

Q) You can't log in?

A) Start thread about it here, or better yet, add to one of the existing threads about not being able to get in.  Please make sure you include the exact message you're seeing, if any.

Also check to see if you can reach minecraft.net itself.  If you can't, then that's probably the problem.

Q) Server itself seems to be down?

A) Only IM me when this is the case i.e. no-one is able to get in.  Also for fastest response create a thread about it, or add to one of the existing ones.  If I get an IM AND there's a thread/post about it, I'm MUCH more likely to notice it quickly and begin fixing it.  Sometimes things go wrong and Google Mail don't forward the IMs to me, so then I'd at least notice the problem on the forums. 

But also remember time-differences, and that I tend to keep weird sleep patterns :P

I'm gonna try giving SeniorAdmins ability to restart server themselves and a few other low-level things, so hopefully they'll be able to fix stuff if not me.

For reference current S-Admins are TealsHusband and Mongfish.

--

Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

• KMCS Minecraft-Bukkit server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net
  • KMCS Minecraft-Tekikt server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:25000
  • KMCS VST (Snapshot) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:26000
  • KMCS TFC (Terrafirmacraft) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:27000
  • KMCS Attack of the B-Team Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:28000

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

[Social Media: socialmedia.kewlmcserver.net]

Enjoying yourself here?  mcreviews.kewlmcserver.net

Donate / Get something kewl

Got an idea, a suggestion, a problem?  Click to let us know :)

Regards, Hank :)

February 24, 2011 at 10:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Superpaul6

Yeah , i have a  problem with that and ive been a member for 3 weeks and i still have been on the server i have posted two threads about needing help to connect but iall they say is what the original instructions said which is useless. i guess i was hoping for step by step instructions about getting on because every single time i get on its this garbage :

Internet exception: java.io.UFTDataFormatException: malfored input around byte 1

so mabye if u could tell me whats wrong or at least give me instructions on how to get on that would be great

+ i only get to see a split second of the server and i see my dude falling into a pool of water next to a castle  :)

February 24, 2011 at 6:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

Superpaul6 at February 24, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Yeah , i have a  problem with that and ive been a member for 3 weeks and i still have been on the server i have posted two threads about needing help to connect but iall they say is what the original instructions said which is useless. i guess i was hoping for step by step instructions about getting on because every single time i get on its this garbage :

Internet exception: java.io.UFTDataFormatException: malfored input around byte 1

so mabye if u could tell me whats wrong or at least give me instructions on how to get on that would be great

+ i only get to see a split second of the server and i see my dude falling into a pool of water next to a castle  :)

I don't know is the honest answer.  I just installed the downgraded client from Digiex and it worked straight away.  But the error you're getting seems to imply you're not using a 1.1 client.

--

Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

February 25, 2011 at 9:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

lgotpower

Hank, would you mind linking the website for the digiex downgrading client? :) So i can download it to my computers, cause im also having some troubles connecting, and once i connect i always fall into lava and dies. Im also having trouble with using commands, dont know if thats because of the server or the downgrading client? 

lgotpower

February 25, 2011 at 1:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner

http://digiex.net/minecraft/mcvtool

--

February 26, 2011 at 3:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

innsomatic

well for a few nights now, my MC hasn't worked at all even if Mc.net is up my digex launcher is down/  i'm not able to get MC workin tho.  windows 7 SP1 patch?  haven't been able to get on since then.

February 27, 2011 at 8:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aaron DeWitt

i havn't downloaded sp1 patch yet.

--

I'm TealsHusband

February 27, 2011 at 8:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

782 views - 0 comments
1198 views - 0 comments