Welcome to the official site of KewlMCserver (KMCS)!

Best Minecraft, Tekkit, Snapshot, Terrafirmacraft and B-Team Servers in the known Multiverse....he said modestly

Forums

Post Reply
Forum Home > Help And Support > Sticky: SERVER STATUS

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner
Posts: 2773

I now know what the biggest single mistake I ever made in 15 months of doing that was....



Letting children on here.



I hate to age-discriminate but I'm gonna have to make minimum age 16 (or 17) I think.....unless they write a spectacular application form I guess.

--




Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

  • KMCS Minecraft-Bukkit server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net
  • KMCS Minecraft-Tekikt server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:25000
  • KMCS VST (Snapshot) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:26000
  • KMCS TFC (Terrafirmacraft) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:27000
  • KMCS Attack of the B-Team Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:28000

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

[Social Media: socialmedia.kewlmcserver.net]

Enjoying yourself here?  mcreviews.kewlmcserver.net


Donate / Get something kewl

Got an idea, a suggestion, a problem?  Click to let us know :)


Regards, Hank :)

March 6, 2012 at 4:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Elite6809
Member
Posts: 98

Hankscorpiouk at March 6, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Elite6809 at March 6, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Stupidity and inaccuracy? Pff, like your many rant posts weren't inaccurate enough. I had no reason to tolerate it the first time, and could have quite easily griefed and gone mad then.

And if only you could see how stressed out I am right now. At least you failing to properly maintain your server won't affect your life.

Which of mine were inaccurate and how?



You wouldn't have been able to get in to grief; I wrote those posts about 4AM when you were safely tucked up in bed before morning kindergarten.

Then I put the WL on.  Or let me guess, like all the Western World's 14 years old you're a master hacker and no whitelist can stop you?



Nah, the server failing IS a big deal to me.  And already has affected my life.  See, this is your problem, you're not considerate about my situation, you think you can take me foregranted like running water out of a tap.  That I'll always be there 24/7 to attend to the server and it has no cost on the rest of my life.  Talk about ingratitude.



As I've REPEATEDLY said.  I've spent about $500 - 600 so far of REAL money, and THOUSANDS of dollars worth of time (time is worth money when you're out of puberty you know?) on and off over the last 15 months.  So it IS a big deal to me. 



And if you're stressed, why tell me, or at least why make it worse by picking fight with me?  How is it that Fab and Vashal aren't taking my comments personally?  Or are being diplomatic enough to bite their tongues and not make a bad situation even worse?  If you decided to take my fiery car crash comment personally, then that speaks volume about you doesn't it?  Not once did I say Elite die in fiery car crash or Jon, did I?  I didnn't mention any specific name.  Yet compare the attitude of Fab and Vashal with you and Jon.  Your first response today on here should have been something like, "I'm very sorry about not looking at the plugins last night, I will try and do it over next few days if that's alright?" or "Listen, I'm sorry about what happened last night, but I really am far too busy with important with school stuff to handle this right now".  Not getting on your high horse.



As Fab said, I have every right to be pissed off.  Remember a few weeks ago when I posted, "what would happen if one day I suddently woke up and said, I CBA" and cancelled my direct debit to pay for all this, or refused to fix any bugs that could only be fixed by me etc etc etc?



No. The first time you flipped. Back in February I could have very easily got annoyed and started griefing and whatnot. But I didn't.

I never once took you for granted. Of course I was considerate, but you can't fix the server by swearing a lot and getting annoyed at no-one in particular. Surely you've seen the WWII poster 'Keep calm and carry on' poster that's plastered all over the internet? Maybe try that? Crying a lot gives a bad impression of your (normally) good character.

And the fact that you're narrow-minded enough to think we spend our days on 4chan (which idiot would ever go there anyway?) and throw insults at us because of our age tells us a lot about the sort of people we're meant to respect.

And 'dumb little child' really isn't appropriate for the grown man running a server who doesn't comprehend how MySQL works. Pfft. Open your eyes.

March 6, 2012 at 5:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner
Posts: 2773

Nah Elite, you should REALLY join Jon's server you can tell it's gonna be AWESOME!!!!  I mean, he's the kinda person who thinks giving someone promotion 3 times in an hour is a great idea, what could possibly go wrong with him at the helm!? :D

--




Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

  • KMCS Minecraft-Bukkit server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net
  • KMCS Minecraft-Tekikt server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:25000
  • KMCS VST (Snapshot) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:26000
  • KMCS TFC (Terrafirmacraft) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:27000
  • KMCS Attack of the B-Team Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:28000

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

[Social Media: socialmedia.kewlmcserver.net]

Enjoying yourself here?  mcreviews.kewlmcserver.net


Donate / Get something kewl

Got an idea, a suggestion, a problem?  Click to let us know :)


Regards, Hank :)

March 6, 2012 at 5:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Amadis_Snow
Limited Member
Posts: 5

Hank please testify this is the first Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's clear your just using this to have a go at some people who have done nothing wrong so quit it, it will turn out that someone logs on and builds a home then hank steals the stuff and kills them now Hank Testify and please Dont LIE I submitted a testimonial but now im banned please remove it! i wont help you even with that testimony I want nothing to do with thisss! so set your brain in gear and learn to chear rather then ranting at us users.

We have one demand 

that you have hand in setting yourself straight!

now remove my testimony  I dont want it on there because all you do is kick and rant and rant and rant, Scream and shout, And Rant and Rant and Rant

March 6, 2012 at 5:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Elite6809
Member
Posts: 98

Hankscorpiouk at March 6, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Nah Elite, you should REALLY join Jon's server you can tell it's gonna be AWESOME!!!!  I mean, he's the kinda person who thinks giving someone promotion 3 times in an hour is a great idea, what could possibly go wrong with him at the helm!? :D

It isn't his server. It's a server he goes on. Considering it's got a proper website and 7 users active now (late at night) that says wonders.

March 6, 2012 at 5:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Elite6809
Member
Posts: 98

Hankscorpiouk at March 6, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Also Elite etc, it's not like last night came out of the blue, unless of course you were too selfish to pay attention.  There were issues last week, and a few weeks before that.  All due to stress.  All due to having way too much to do on here.  All due to having  nowhere near as much help as is needed to do it all fairly quickly.  You know, at least Innsomatic managed to make a donation even though he couldn't properly admin.  But no, being a selfish kid, you take other people's efforts foregranted.  The food on the table, the heat that keeps you warm, the free schooling.....do you say thanks for anything?  And of course the free high-quality Minecraft server......and before you diss it.  Why write so testimonials and hang around for so long if I'm so shit?


You're not shit. At least you weren't. You say we take you for granted when we spend our time helping you too. It's not like I did nothing.

I don't take any of that for granted. Of course I say thanks, that's probably my number-one used word, being forced to say it at every opportunity that crawls up, or get a short-sighted response like yours here.

I wrote the testimonial before you went mental on everyone.

And haha! I can't make a donation. For a start off I don't get any of my own money to spend anyway, and the money that I do get funds the food I get at school and any stationery I need. I was considering asking my parents and even showing my dad this server but I thought that he might not appreciate a grown man losing his mind over the internet.

Please stop resorting to insulting my age or any related stereotypes, it just makes you look even more pathetic.

Wait what.. why was this posted by you? This was by me. Dunno what happened there.

March 6, 2012 at 5:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner
Posts: 2773

Elite6809 at March 6, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Hankscorpiouk at March 6, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Elite6809 at March 6, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Stupidity and inaccuracy? Pff, like your many rant posts weren't inaccurate enough. I had no reason to tolerate it the first time, and could have quite easily griefed and gone mad then.

And if only you could see how stressed out I am right now. At least you failing to properly maintain your server won't affect your life.

Which of mine were inaccurate and how?



You wouldn't have been able to get in to grief; I wrote those posts about 4AM when you were safely tucked up in bed before morning kindergarten.

Then I put the WL on.  Or let me guess, like all the Western World's 14 years old you're a master hacker and no whitelist can stop you?



Nah, the server failing IS a big deal to me.  And already has affected my life.  See, this is your problem, you're not considerate about my situation, you think you can take me foregranted like running water out of a tap.  That I'll always be there 24/7 to attend to the server and it has no cost on the rest of my life.  Talk about ingratitude.



As I've REPEATEDLY said.  I've spent about $500 - 600 so far of REAL money, and THOUSANDS of dollars worth of time (time is worth money when you're out of puberty you know?) on and off over the last 15 months.  So it IS a big deal to me. 



And if you're stressed, why tell me, or at least why make it worse by picking fight with me?  How is it that Fab and Vashal aren't taking my comments personally?  Or are being diplomatic enough to bite their tongues and not make a bad situation even worse?  If you decided to take my fiery car crash comment personally, then that speaks volume about you doesn't it?  Not once did I say Elite die in fiery car crash or Jon, did I?  I didnn't mention any specific name.  Yet compare the attitude of Fab and Vashal with you and Jon.  Your first response today on here should have been something like, "I'm very sorry about not looking at the plugins last night, I will try and do it over next few days if that's alright?" or "Listen, I'm sorry about what happened last night, but I really am far too busy with important with school stuff to handle this right now".  Not getting on your high horse.



As Fab said, I have every right to be pissed off.  Remember a few weeks ago when I posted, "what would happen if one day I suddently woke up and said, I CBA" and cancelled my direct debit to pay for all this, or refused to fix any bugs that could only be fixed by me etc etc etc?



No. The first time you flipped. Back in February I could have very easily got annoyed and started griefing and whatnot. But I didn't.

I never once took you for granted. Of course I was considerate, but you can't fix the server by swearing a lot and getting annoyed at no-one in particular. Surely you've seen the WWII poster 'Keep calm and carry on' poster that's plastered all over the internet? Maybe try that? Crying a lot gives a bad impression of your (normally) good character.

And the fact that you're narrow-minded enough to think we spend our days on 4chan (which idiot would ever go there anyway?) and throw insults at us because of our age tells us a lot about the sort of people we're meant to respect.

And 'dumb little child' really isn't appropriate for the grown man running a server who doesn't comprehend how MySQL works. Pfft. Open your eyes.

> No. The first time you flipped. Back in February I could have very easily got annoyed and started griefing and whatnot. But I didn't.

and what would be the justification for that?  Oh yeah, being a dumb typically unstable kid, always a hair's breadth away from knifing someone at random or bullying someone to suicide or bricking a randon window etc.  Bring back national fucking service and the cane!!!


There would have been zero justification to do that on your part, and shows the fact it can even cross your mind means I made a mistake giving you Admin.



Ok, how would YOU have fixed the server if you're so good at this kinda thing?  Your innovation and management skills don't seem to stretch beyond, "let's start with a fresh new map" as you said last night when me and Fab were on.  I mean....WHY??????  What could starting AGAIN possibly accomplish???  It's not like the map is low on space.  It's not like people enjoy losing their creations.  It's not like we can advertise a desolate world with nothing in it.  I've had to do map restarts already too many times, pissing too many people off already.



> And the fact that you're narrow-minded enough to think we spend our days on 4chan (which idiot would ever go there anyway?) and throw insults at us because of our age tells us a lot about the sort of people we're meant to respect.


Quite a few million apparently.  Ok, well, the vast overwhelming majority of people who've caused problems here so far have been kids.  20 and 30 somethings generally just want an easy life if they come on these kind of servers.



> And 'dumb little child' really isn't appropriate for the grown man running a server who doesn't comprehend how MySQL works. Pfft. Open your eyes.


1) You don't _NEED_ MySQL for this.

2) I understand very well how it works, thank you.  Maybe you think Tsohost are idiots too.  They told me, "give us a MySQL database of the forums and we'll see what we can do for you".  Not only that but my other site where I started experimenting with PHP and MySQL almost as long ago as your whole lifespan is driven by MySQL databases.  Ever hear of phpMyAdmin?


--




Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

  • KMCS Minecraft-Bukkit server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net
  • KMCS Minecraft-Tekikt server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:25000
  • KMCS VST (Snapshot) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:26000
  • KMCS TFC (Terrafirmacraft) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:27000
  • KMCS Attack of the B-Team Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:28000

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

[Social Media: socialmedia.kewlmcserver.net]

Enjoying yourself here?  mcreviews.kewlmcserver.net


Donate / Get something kewl

Got an idea, a suggestion, a problem?  Click to let us know :)


Regards, Hank :)

March 6, 2012 at 5:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner
Posts: 2773

Amadis_Snow at March 6, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Hank please testify this is the first Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's clear your just using this to have a go at some people who have done nothing wrong so quit it, it will turn out that someone logs on and builds a home then hank steals the stuff and kills them now Hank Testify and please Dont LIE I submitted a testimonial but now im banned please remove it! i wont help you even with that testimony I want nothing to do with thisss! so set your brain in gear and learn to chear rather then ranting at us users.

We have one demand 

that you have hand in setting yourself straight!

now remove my testimony  I dont want it on there because all you do is kick and rant and rant and rant, Scream and shout, And Rant and Rant and Rant

WTF?  Don't they send kids to school anymore?  :(


You got banned for being a dickhead.  You caused too many problems.  You asked for TP dozens of times in space of a few hours.  You ignored rules.  You asked fior JM under false pretences which I stupidly gave.  You earned your ban.  Go join Jon's awesome new server.  You're banned from forum.


PS Haha the testimonial stays, dickhead :P

Your parents might give into your tantrums but I won't. 

--




Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

  • KMCS Minecraft-Bukkit server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net
  • KMCS Minecraft-Tekikt server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:25000
  • KMCS VST (Snapshot) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:26000
  • KMCS TFC (Terrafirmacraft) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:27000
  • KMCS Attack of the B-Team Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:28000

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

[Social Media: socialmedia.kewlmcserver.net]

Enjoying yourself here?  mcreviews.kewlmcserver.net


Donate / Get something kewl

Got an idea, a suggestion, a problem?  Click to let us know :)


Regards, Hank :)

March 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner
Posts: 2773

Elite6809 at March 6, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Hankscorpiouk at March 6, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Nah Elite, you should REALLY join Jon's server you can tell it's gonna be AWESOME!!!!  I mean, he's the kinda person who thinks giving someone promotion 3 times in an hour is a great idea, what could possibly go wrong with him at the helm!? :D

It isn't his server. It's a server he goes on. Considering it's got a proper website and 7 users active now (late at night) that says wonders.

7?  Ooooooooh!  I had 11 a few days ago, and the record is well into the teens reached last year.


And if the server is so awesome, go there and leave me alone!

--




Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

  • KMCS Minecraft-Bukkit server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net
  • KMCS Minecraft-Tekikt server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:25000
  • KMCS VST (Snapshot) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:26000
  • KMCS TFC (Terrafirmacraft) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:27000
  • KMCS Attack of the B-Team Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:28000

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

[Social Media: socialmedia.kewlmcserver.net]

Enjoying yourself here?  mcreviews.kewlmcserver.net


Donate / Get something kewl

Got an idea, a suggestion, a problem?  Click to let us know :)


Regards, Hank :)

March 6, 2012 at 5:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner
Posts: 2773

Elite6809 at March 6, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Hankscorpiouk at March 6, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Also Elite etc, it's not like last night came out of the blue, unless of course you were too selfish to pay attention.  There were issues last week, and a few weeks before that.  All due to stress.  All due to having way too much to do on here.  All due to having  nowhere near as much help as is needed to do it all fairly quickly.  You know, at least Innsomatic managed to make a donation even though he couldn't properly admin.  But no, being a selfish kid, you take other people's efforts foregranted.  The food on the table, the heat that keeps you warm, the free schooling.....do you say thanks for anything?  And of course the free high-quality Minecraft server......and before you diss it.  Why write so testimonials and hang around for so long if I'm so shit?


You're not shit. At least you weren't. You say we take you for granted when we spend our time helping you too. It's not like I did nothing.

I don't take any of that for granted. Of course I say thanks, that's probably my number-one used word, being forced to say it at every opportunity that crawls up, or get a short-sighted response like yours here.

I wrote the testimonial before you went mental on everyone.

And haha! I can't make a donation. For a start off I don't get any of my own money to spend anyway, and the money that I do get funds the food I get at school and any stationery I need. I was considering asking my parents and even showing my dad this server but I thought that he might not appreciate a grown man losing his mind over the internet.

Please stop resorting to insulting my age or any related stereotypes, it just makes you look even more pathetic.

Wait what.. why was this posted by you? This was by me. Dunno what happened there.

IDK

--




Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

  • KMCS Minecraft-Bukkit server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net
  • KMCS Minecraft-Tekikt server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:25000
  • KMCS VST (Snapshot) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:26000
  • KMCS TFC (Terrafirmacraft) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:27000
  • KMCS Attack of the B-Team Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:28000

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

[Social Media: socialmedia.kewlmcserver.net]

Enjoying yourself here?  mcreviews.kewlmcserver.net


Donate / Get something kewl

Got an idea, a suggestion, a problem?  Click to let us know :)


Regards, Hank :)

March 6, 2012 at 5:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner
Posts: 2773

> You're not shit. At least you weren't. You say we take you for granted when we spend our time helping you too.


Who is "We"?  Plenty of members have been a liability, even so-called staff.  Some admins barely been here in months.  I offered Mofocro SeniorMod a few weeks ago by PM, he ignored me....I ofttered it again a week or so later, he ignored me again.  Geega, the Teals, Innso, The4thHorseman, the list of Admins who've dissapointed is very very long indeed.

So less of this "we".



> It's not like I did nothing.


Agreed.  I never said you didn't.  But with your rant you decided to take my comments last night personally.



> I don't take any of that for granted. Of course I say thanks, that's probably my number-one used word, being forced to say it at every opportunity that crawls up, or get a short-sighted response like yours here.


Meaning?  Plenty of people have taken this and me forgranted.  Consequently they've got in the way of the servers development.  They've made work for me that didn't need doing.  Sometimes made pointless work for mods and other admins.  Look how hard we had to work to get people just to vote.  Look at the effort that was made to get people to write testimonials.  Look how few donations there've been.  Look how many people haven't contribured to threads at all (amadis, that's another reason I don't like you).  Look how many people didn't even bother to upload screenshots.  Look how literally no-one made vids.  Look how almost no-one made nice threads elsewhere advertising us.  Look how many people broke rules.  Look how many people applied for JM under false pretences with no intention of actually acting like a mod.  Look at the few people who hassled me into giving them Admin but failed miserably.  Sorry, but "taken foregranted" is perfectly apt.



> I wrote the testimonial before you went mental on everyone.

Well, duh, I'd be surprised if anyone was to write a testimonail right now.  The server is kinda in limbo until I hide all this shit and bring the WL application form online.


And wouldn't you "go mental" if you were in my place.  No?  Ok brainiac tell me how YOU'D manage a server.  How you'd manage this right now?  Exactly, clueless.  You have to delegate, you have to get other people to do stuff as there aeren't enough hours in the day to do it all yourself.  You have to have mods otherwise the members will kill each and the map.  You have to advertise otherwise you'll not get new people etc etc etc etc.


>And haha! I can't make a donation. For a start off I don't get any of my own money to spend anyway,


This is the sad thing about having a very young membership, even though it'd not your fault.  Am going to make it one of the questions on the WL, whether or not people have access to credit/debit cards or Paypal, including other people's like their parents or friends or whatever.  I don't begrudge you not donating.  But incase you hadn't noticed you're not the only member.



> and the money that I do get funds the food I get at school and any stationery I need. I was considering asking my parents and even showing my dad this server but I thought that he might not appreciate a grown man losing his mind over the internet.

Fair enough.  Also maybe they'd prefer to spend the money on something more constructive for you like books etc.



> Please stop resorting to insulting my age or any related stereotypes, it just makes you look even more pathetic.


Uhuh, so how is it there's a minimum age requirement for everything in society, all across the entire planet?  Why isn't the US president a 14 year old?  Why aren't you all running big companies?  Society agrees with me that most kids aren't ready for anything remotely serious that's why.  And the behaviour of several people here, including Amadis, Jon and to a certain extent you, (not to mention DOZENS over the last 15 months) shows why.

 

--




Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

  • KMCS Minecraft-Bukkit server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net
  • KMCS Minecraft-Tekikt server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:25000
  • KMCS VST (Snapshot) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:26000
  • KMCS TFC (Terrafirmacraft) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:27000
  • KMCS Attack of the B-Team Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:28000

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

[Social Media: socialmedia.kewlmcserver.net]

Enjoying yourself here?  mcreviews.kewlmcserver.net


Donate / Get something kewl

Got an idea, a suggestion, a problem?  Click to let us know :)


Regards, Hank :)

March 6, 2012 at 6:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner
Posts: 2773

Whitelist application form will go up sometime later.  I need a break for a bit.

--




Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

  • KMCS Minecraft-Bukkit server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net
  • KMCS Minecraft-Tekikt server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:25000
  • KMCS VST (Snapshot) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:26000
  • KMCS TFC (Terrafirmacraft) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:27000
  • KMCS Attack of the B-Team Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:28000

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

[Social Media: socialmedia.kewlmcserver.net]

Enjoying yourself here?  mcreviews.kewlmcserver.net


Donate / Get something kewl

Got an idea, a suggestion, a problem?  Click to let us know :)


Regards, Hank :)

March 6, 2012 at 6:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mofocro
Member
Posts: 37

I thought I replied to your second eMail? I talked about how I am moving cities away from all my friends, working on applications for IB in High School which drained a lot of time. Also I have Algebra Honors with a teacher that gives over 30+ questions every night and I'm taking geometry online. I also started reading some of my parents' books about C,C++, and Java. I thought modding would be cool, but it's really hard. Anyway, I'm sorry for not being on much and for my stupid internet to fail me. My bad.

March 6, 2012 at 7:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner
Posts: 2773

I see the Teals have closed down their forum accounts, bye then.  Nevermind the fact I'm 100% right to expect admins (let alone SeniorAdmins) to turn up occasionally. Nevermind the fact I'm 100% right to be pissed off with the current condition of the server - Teal/s- wouldn't you MUCH rather play on a server of ADULTS than horrible little kids who cause nothing but problems?  Nevermind the fact they might not have been on Whitelist simply because I hadn't got round to it yet AKA being too fucking depressed to do anything related to server in a few days.  Nevermind the fact they would walk the WL application form, even if they lost Admin.  Instead they choose to do an Innso and throw a tantrum by nuking their accounts.  I mean, SA was meant for Teals originally, but for some reason Teal asked for it too.  I mean, why?  She was originally going to stay at Admin.  Wasn't it OBVIOUS that SA would require some work now and then?  Second; family problems or not Teal you've not been here in many many months, and hardly ever been on forums since the very start....

--




Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

  • KMCS Minecraft-Bukkit server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net
  • KMCS Minecraft-Tekikt server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:25000
  • KMCS VST (Snapshot) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:26000
  • KMCS TFC (Terrafirmacraft) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:27000
  • KMCS Attack of the B-Team Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:28000

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

[Social Media: socialmedia.kewlmcserver.net]

Enjoying yourself here?  mcreviews.kewlmcserver.net


Donate / Get something kewl

Got an idea, a suggestion, a problem?  Click to let us know :)


Regards, Hank :)

March 6, 2012 at 8:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner
Posts: 2773

Elite6809 at March 6, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Hankscorpiouk at March 6, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Nah Elite, you should REALLY join Jon's server you can tell it's gonna be AWESOME!!!!  I mean, he's the kinda person who thinks giving someone promotion 3 times in an hour is a great idea, what could possibly go wrong with him at the helm!? :D

It isn't his server. It's a server he goes on. Considering it's got a proper website and 7 users active now (late at night) that says wonders.

Proper how anyway?  And I didn't hear you volunteering to build one for us, or suggesting improvements here.  Hypocrite.

--




Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

  • KMCS Minecraft-Bukkit server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net
  • KMCS Minecraft-Tekikt server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:25000
  • KMCS VST (Snapshot) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:26000
  • KMCS TFC (Terrafirmacraft) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:27000
  • KMCS Attack of the B-Team Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:28000

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

[Social Media: socialmedia.kewlmcserver.net]

Enjoying yourself here?  mcreviews.kewlmcserver.net


Donate / Get something kewl

Got an idea, a suggestion, a problem?  Click to let us know :)


Regards, Hank :)

March 6, 2012 at 9:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner
Posts: 2773

Fabregas485 at March 6, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Hank has a reason to be pissed. The server has failed so badly right now, and we need to help hank fix it. Yes its his server, but if we want the server to remain free, we all need to pull our weight.

Thank you.

--




Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

  • KMCS Minecraft-Bukkit server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net
  • KMCS Minecraft-Tekikt server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:25000
  • KMCS VST (Snapshot) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:26000
  • KMCS TFC (Terrafirmacraft) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:27000
  • KMCS Attack of the B-Team Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:28000

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

[Social Media: socialmedia.kewlmcserver.net]

Enjoying yourself here?  mcreviews.kewlmcserver.net


Donate / Get something kewl

Got an idea, a suggestion, a problem?  Click to let us know :)


Regards, Hank :)

March 6, 2012 at 10:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner
Posts: 2773

*** SERVER ONLINE ***


Whitelist implemented.

--




Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

  • KMCS Minecraft-Bukkit server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net
  • KMCS Minecraft-Tekikt server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:25000
  • KMCS VST (Snapshot) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:26000
  • KMCS TFC (Terrafirmacraft) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:27000
  • KMCS Attack of the B-Team Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:28000

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

[Social Media: socialmedia.kewlmcserver.net]

Enjoying yourself here?  mcreviews.kewlmcserver.net


Donate / Get something kewl

Got an idea, a suggestion, a problem?  Click to let us know :)


Regards, Hank :)

March 7, 2012 at 5:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner
Posts: 2773

Jon at March 6, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Hank; if you want this server to be a success start treating people who bother to go on your server with gratitude!

I've been on about 35 other servers and in each of them I'm received more 'thanks' * 4 than what you've EVER given anyone!!!

I've been on one server for about 2 hours. I've had 3 Promotions and I've more than doubled their scores on Minestatus!

Everyone cares for eachother thier unlike you ungrateful snob!

"I have to stop what I'm doing in order to teleport you!!!!!" - And?! You should care for US!

You've exiled pretty much everyone from your server! 


PS: Anyone wanting to leave Hank and join grateful people (+easy promos) has a warm welcome here; <Mod removal>

Apparently it's not enough that I pay 100% of the costs. 


That I have consistently done 90 - 100% of the work over roughly 15 months. 


That I have recently been doing about 98% of the work.....


but you also think, no, DEMAND, that I SHOULD have spent my Saturday afternoon stopping what I was doing (trying to improve the server) to write "/tp <personname1> <personname2>" literally every minute or 2, when those people were being repeatedly told by me, and others, to make a bed so that when they got killed they'd respawn at them????????????????


and what is it you have done the last few days to receive thanks from me Jon?  You introduced bad members like Amadis to the server.  You derailed my comments in the chat when I was trying to have an important conversation with Elite about plugins and the upgraded Bukkit.  You try undermining my comments in the chat when I was asking people to make beds so I wouldn't have to tp so often.  You've posted garbage in the forums.  You still haven't donated etc etc.


Not only that, but you DID receive some thanks for the positive things you occassionally did, before you went rogue, in the form of being promoted to JuniorMod.....then on Saturday before your attitude turned to complete and utter crap didn't I offer you (and swordmaker2) SeniorMod?  That is THANKS.  Not to mention actually saying, "thanks" when you occasionally made good suggestions!


I wish I knew what that other server you're on is called so I could warn them about you....not to mention offer friendly advice about being so quick to promote.  3 times in 2 hours is either a lie from you, or very bad management from them.

--




Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

  • KMCS Minecraft-Bukkit server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net
  • KMCS Minecraft-Tekikt server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:25000
  • KMCS VST (Snapshot) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:26000
  • KMCS TFC (Terrafirmacraft) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:27000
  • KMCS Attack of the B-Team Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:28000

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

[Social Media: socialmedia.kewlmcserver.net]

Enjoying yourself here?  mcreviews.kewlmcserver.net


Donate / Get something kewl

Got an idea, a suggestion, a problem?  Click to let us know :)


Regards, Hank :)

March 7, 2012 at 8:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner
Posts: 2773

Elite6809 at March 6, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Hankscorpiouk at March 6, 2012 at 5:37 AM

Vashal at March 6, 2012 at 4:15 AM

well, for starters, i didn't reply cause i wasn't home? I said at the end of my post, "talk to you later", i didn't say, "I'm diligently awaiting your reply".

and i never felt overwhelmed, i just couldn't be around to do go on minecraft, or do much of anything related. And i've been around for months now, and when i was first made an admin I did everything you told me to do, i helped out and did my job. I have told you multiple times that i can't be around, so if you wanted to demote me you could, I felt no reason in asking for demotion as that makes no sense. Is there a cap to the amount of admins? no...so I dont' see the point, i couldn't/can't play either way so my rank didn't/doesn't matter. And as for the delegating, what would it really do? if the admins won't listen to you, to threats, to bribary, or do the end of the server. Why would they listen to a pm sent from me? Everyone knew the tasks at hand, i had no additional ones to add. So i had no reason to ask them to do anything for me.


Lastly, i don't have any beef with you demoting me or even banning me, if you feel its best, do it. I don't/can't play anyway, so no, it's not a problem. My first post was a reply, and even if i don't care about my rank, i still come here strictly to help. So do whatever. I'm off to bed.

Well, if you REALLY want to help you can find out which of our plugins have been updated to work with the new CraftBukkit beta.  Elite was supposed to do this before, but apparently CBA, causing me to get pissed, causing Jon to ragequit, causing Jon to get banned.

CBA? I can't believe your temerity right now. I'm not being paid or anything to help. I've tried my best to do that. But I can't spend all damn night doing it either. We have lives too. Just because you're busy doesn't mean I can stop and drop whatever I'm doing at any time of the day to come and rush to your side. i've been grounded twice over the past few weeks because I've refused my chores to come and help you. I'm not surprised the server turned to a pile of shite last year. Did you flip out on everyone else then too? Do you not understand the concept of user? Quite frankly regular users aren't meant to do what you're expecting people to do. If you're expecting normal users, hell even staff to do some of the things you're expecting us to do, no frigging wonder this place never took off.

None of us are your minions. I've told you several times I'm 14. Did the thought not cross your mind that I don't have all day free? I should be spending about 30 minutes a day doing what I want along with all my GCSE revision I do. On some days I've been spending more than 3 cumulative hours helping users out. Just because it's not on the stupid task list doesn't mean it can be ignored. Just because we're not spending our days running the server for you doesn't mean we're an idle bunch of pricks.

Previous servers I've been on have treated users wih infinitely more respect than you have any of us. They actually respect the user's needs rather than expecting them to run the server like a staff member. And quite frankly those servers are far better than this server has ever got.

The reason why I said that message to Jon is because I am appalled at the way you're treating those who are offering their time to help you. Quite frankly the words that were running through my mind were, 'He got mad earlier because we can't do everything for him, the ungrateful lump'. But I have, or had, more respect than that for you. I thought higher of you than this. You don't deserve any of our time, not the JMs/SMs, Vash's, the Teals', anyone's. Don't denounce us for what we can't do. At least a word for what we are doing.

I haven't heard a nice word from you once on the subject of that forum converter. I spent ages debugging that. And I don't know why I wrote it in the first place, to be honest; you've never been grateful for anything I've contributed. I'm deleting that accursed project straight after I've finished writing this.

Remember when I asked for the demotion? It's because I haven't got the time to do all the stuff you tell me to do. I thought rather than make him think I'm a lazy piece of shit, which clearly isn't the case, I'd back out while I can and let those with more time than me get praised instead. Yet you chose to keep me on. I'm suspecting you just got me here so I could help out, then kicked us all off when we can't be on all day.

I lost all respect for you the first time you flipped. Amadis and Alex are normal users. They're allowed to ask for plugins! You don't threaten to ban people for being users. That's what users do. If you can't put up with that then you're a bad admin straight away.
I thought it would've been a slip up, but then I saw this post of yours:

LOOKING AT YOUR PMs ONLY PROVES ME FUCKING RIGHT!!!M

ELITE IS DEMOTED, AS IS SWORDMAKER2 TOO!!!!

And to be honest I shouldn't have to do anything for you when you threaten to demote me for no reason. If this server flops, which it's going to, then you know why. We're not your personal grease monkies hank. At least we helped out, throughout your hails of abuse. I feel especially sorry for the Teals - they've been here for around a year now. And then you go and throw them down the trash because they're not there all the time to pick up where you leave off. Until now, I've never spoken a bad word about you. You don't deserve the respect of anyone now.


And in case this message didn't get the hint across, it's unlikely I'll be sticking around. You're probably going to perm ban me forever for this but I've just completely lost it. I don't have to spend my time helping someone who tells us to die in a car crash.

> CBA? I can't believe your temerity right now.

Huh?



> I'm not being paid or anything to help.

Several £ worth of extra commands or do you think you're more deserving of those commands than everyone else?  Why do you deserve them and not everyone else?



> I've tried my best to do that.

Are you sure?



> But I can't spend all damn night doing it either.

No-one asked you to.  Show me some text that shows me that I'm demanding that.



> We have lives too. Just because you're busy doesn't mean I can stop and drop whatever I'm doing at any time of the day to come

You were IN THE SERVER AT THE TIME.  I asked you to look into the plugins and you essentially told me you CBA.



> and rush to your side. i've been grounded twice over the past few weeks because I've refused my chores to come and help you. 

Whose fault is that?  Where do I encourage people to get into trouble?  Didn't you see my, "KMCS encourages responsbile behaviour" thread a few weeks ago?  Didn't I temporarily ban Fab when he asked me to so he'd be forced to write his CV?  Didn't I kick Jon when he asked me to so he'd be forced to do his homework?  Take responsbility for your own actions.  Learn to do that now, or face a horrible life.  I'm warning you now.  The difference between success and failure in life is in no small part due to being able to take personal responsibilty, not just for your own thoughts and actions, but what actually happens to you.  That is amongst the best advice you will ever likely hear.



> I'm not surprised the server turned to a pile of shite last year. Did you flip out on everyone else then too?

I got too depressed to continue caring so server continued slipping.  Also, we only had 1 admin and he didn't particularly feel like admin'ing, however, he did manage to make a donation.



> Do you not understand the concept of user?

It's what you are?  You use people?  People who work their asses off and you take what they have to offer without appreciating it?



> Quite frankly regular users aren't meant to do what you're expecting people to do.

I never asked them to.  Only people who got asked to do anything were "staff" i.e. Mods and Admins.  Anyone regular who did something for us, did it off their own bat and would be shown graitude and rewarded with rank if they wanted it.  If they didn't want a formal staff role, then they would be offered a reward rank such as BuilderVIP, HelperVIP, ArtistVIP, GreenVIP, AwesomeVIP etc.



> If you're expecting normal users, hell even staff to do some of the things you're expecting us to do, no frigging wonder this place never took off.

Such as what?  This only happened because Admins and SeniorAdmins weren't pulling their weight and because we didn't have enough of them to make up the difference.  I never asked people to do things that could only be done by me.



> And to be honest I shouldn't have to do anything for you when you threaten to demote me for no reason. 

You asked to be demoted.  Also your attitude here is "for no reason"?  Not to mention you your slander on Minestatus and Minecraftforums?



> If this server flops, which it's going to,

'fraid not.  Think you could do better?  Go on, start a server.  Tell me the IP/URL etc so I can watch you fail, if you dare.



> then you know why. We're not your personal grease monkies hank.

Uhuh, you should be promoted to Admin just for fun.  Screw actually needing to do anything to deserve that title.  lol good luck in the workplace later on in life with that attitude.



> At least we helped out, throughout your hails of abuse.

You keeping saying, "we".  Who is we?  Some memebers have been ok, some have been good, some have been shite.  You can't just use blanket terms like, "we".



> I feel especially sorry for the Teals - they've been here for around a year now. And then you go and throw them down the trash because they're not there all the time to pick up where you leave off.

1) They're not thrown in the trash.  But clearly SeniorAdmin is not for them.  I'm sure they'd admit that if they were being honest.  Admin perhaps.  Absolutely certainly SeniorMod.  ATM there's not much of an incentive to be SA anyway.  They apply for WL and they'll almost certainly get on.  Mong applied, why can't they?  So I'm irritated with them, but not infuriated.....unlike you and Jon they haven't gone out of their way to get my back up.


2) I am irritated with them, but not because they haven't been around 24/7 but because they don't reply to my PMs much anymore, no matter how important the message is, and because they almost never come in.  It's been like that for MONTHS.  Teal herself NEVER comes in, and has only posted on the forum a couple of times in 15 months.


3) You've completely overreacted and dug yourself into a ridiculous hole.  First thing to do when you find yourself in a hole you don't want is to stop digging.  Good advice #2.



> Until now, I've never spoken a bad word about you. You don't deserve the respect of anyone now.

You're an idiot.  Good luck at life.  You'll need it.

--




Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

  • KMCS Minecraft-Bukkit server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net
  • KMCS Minecraft-Tekikt server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:25000
  • KMCS VST (Snapshot) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:26000
  • KMCS TFC (Terrafirmacraft) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:27000
  • KMCS Attack of the B-Team Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:28000

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

[Social Media: socialmedia.kewlmcserver.net]

Enjoying yourself here?  mcreviews.kewlmcserver.net


Donate / Get something kewl

Got an idea, a suggestion, a problem?  Click to let us know :)


Regards, Hank :)

March 7, 2012 at 9:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hankscorpiouk
Site Owner
Posts: 2773

Elite6809 at March 6, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Hankscorpiouk at March 6, 2012 at 5:37 AM

Vashal at March 6, 2012 at 4:15 AM

well, for starters, i didn't reply cause i wasn't home? I said at the end of my post, "talk to you later", i didn't say, "I'm diligently awaiting your reply".

and i never felt overwhelmed, i just couldn't be around to do go on minecraft, or do much of anything related. And i've been around for months now, and when i was first made an admin I did everything you told me to do, i helped out and did my job. I have told you multiple times that i can't be around, so if you wanted to demote me you could, I felt no reason in asking for demotion as that makes no sense. Is there a cap to the amount of admins? no...so I dont' see the point, i couldn't/can't play either way so my rank didn't/doesn't matter. And as for the delegating, what would it really do? if the admins won't listen to you, to threats, to bribary, or do the end of the server. Why would they listen to a pm sent from me? Everyone knew the tasks at hand, i had no additional ones to add. So i had no reason to ask them to do anything for me.


Lastly, i don't have any beef with you demoting me or even banning me, if you feel its best, do it. I don't/can't play anyway, so no, it's not a problem. My first post was a reply, and even if i don't care about my rank, i still come here strictly to help. So do whatever. I'm off to bed.

Well, if you REALLY want to help you can find out which of our plugins have been updated to work with the new CraftBukkit beta.  Elite was supposed to do this before, but apparently CBA, causing me to get pissed, causing Jon to ragequit, causing Jon to get banned.

CBA? I can't believe your temerity right now. I'm not being paid or anything to help. I've tried my best to do that. But I can't spend all damn night doing it either. We have lives too. Just because you're busy doesn't mean I can stop and drop whatever I'm doing at any time of the day to come and rush to your side. i've been grounded twice over the past few weeks because I've refused my chores to come and help you. I'm not surprised the server turned to a pile of shite last year. Did you flip out on everyone else then too? Do you not understand the concept of user? Quite frankly regular users aren't meant to do what you're expecting people to do. If you're expecting normal users, hell even staff to do some of the things you're expecting us to do, no frigging wonder this place never took off.

None of us are your minions. I've told you several times I'm 14. Did the thought not cross your mind that I don't have all day free? I should be spending about 30 minutes a day doing what I want along with all my GCSE revision I do. On some days I've been spending more than 3 cumulative hours helping users out. Just because it's not on the stupid task list doesn't mean it can be ignored. Just because we're not spending our days running the server for you doesn't mean we're an idle bunch of pricks.

Previous servers I've been on have treated users wih infinitely more respect than you have any of us. They actually respect the user's needs rather than expecting them to run the server like a staff member. And quite frankly those servers are far better than this server has ever got.

The reason why I said that message to Jon is because I am appalled at the way you're treating those who are offering their time to help you. Quite frankly the words that were running through my mind were, 'He got mad earlier because we can't do everything for him, the ungrateful lump'. But I have, or had, more respect than that for you. I thought higher of you than this. You don't deserve any of our time, not the JMs/SMs, Vash's, the Teals', anyone's. Don't denounce us for what we can't do. At least a word for what we are doing.

I haven't heard a nice word from you once on the subject of that forum converter. I spent ages debugging that. And I don't know why I wrote it in the first place, to be honest; you've never been grateful for anything I've contributed. I'm deleting that accursed project straight after I've finished writing this.

Remember when I asked for the demotion? It's because I haven't got the time to do all the stuff you tell me to do. I thought rather than make him think I'm a lazy piece of shit, which clearly isn't the case, I'd back out while I can and let those with more time than me get praised instead. Yet you chose to keep me on. I'm suspecting you just got me here so I could help out, then kicked us all off when we can't be on all day.

I lost all respect for you the first time you flipped. Amadis and Alex are normal users. They're allowed to ask for plugins! You don't threaten to ban people for being users. That's what users do. If you can't put up with that then you're a bad admin straight away.
I thought it would've been a slip up, but then I saw this post of yours:

LOOKING AT YOUR PMs ONLY PROVES ME FUCKING RIGHT!!!M

ELITE IS DEMOTED, AS IS SWORDMAKER2 TOO!!!!

And to be honest I shouldn't have to do anything for you when you threaten to demote me for no reason. If this server flops, which it's going to, then you know why. We're not your personal grease monkies hank. At least we helped out, throughout your hails of abuse. I feel especially sorry for the Teals - they've been here for around a year now. And then you go and throw them down the trash because they're not there all the time to pick up where you leave off. Until now, I've never spoken a bad word about you. You don't deserve the respect of anyone now.


And in case this message didn't get the hint across, it's unlikely I'll be sticking around. You're probably going to perm ban me forever for this but I've just completely lost it. I don't have to spend my time helping someone who tells us to die in a car crash.

I forgot to reply to this....


> None of us are your minions.

Huh?



> I've told you several times I'm 14.

Yeah, I can tell.



> Did the thought not cross your mind that I don't have all day free?

Did the thought not cross your mind that I NEVER asked you or ANYONE ELSE to give the server their whole day.  Show me some text where I demand anyone gives me an entire day and I'll send £100 to your Paypal if you set one up!!!



> I should be spending about 30 minutes a day doing what I want

What do you mean?  On the server, building stuff?  Yeah you can spend as much or as little doing what you want.  All I ask from Admins is a few hours a week - and that's just while server is getting on it's feet!  It's for the common good!  We want not just a good server, or a great server, or even an awesome server.....I want an EXCEPTIONAL server.  I want to build something so amazing here that people are literally kicking the doors down to get in.  If that type of ambition is too much for you, then go stack shelves in Tesco, I don't care.



> along with all my GCSE revision I do.

That IS much more important than being an Admin here, agreed.  If you balls-up your education for games or a server then you're a fool.  Well, unless the game is making you rich or something.



> On some days I've been spending more than 3 cumulative hours helping users out.

Well, you should have come to me and told me you were feeling pressured, or that you needed more help.  What were you helping them with?  Was there anyone else around who could have helped?  If there were JMs around you should have pulled rank, and told them to do their jobs.  I would like to know more about the specifics of what you were doing, maybe some processes could be automated or different approaches could be taken.


Oh, and I'm "so shit"....I'm CONSTANTLY looking to improve and refine EVERYTHING about all this. Good luck finding other servers with owners who are that dedicated.



> Just because it's not on the stupid task list

What's stupid about it?  You had idea for stuff that shouldn't be there or other stuff we could have added?  Then why didn't you speak up as an Admin?



> doesn't mean it can be ignored.

Agreed.



> Just because we're not spending our days running the server for you doesn't mean we're an idle bunch of pricks.

You imbecile, how many times do I need to tell you I DON'T EXPECT ANYONE to give their whole day to running the server.  However, anyone who does will have me falling over myself to reward them.



> Previous servers I've been on have treated users wih infinitely more respect than you have any of us.

You're really not making it easy to treat with you respect the last few days.  Same applies to Jon and Amadis.  Who else do you think I've mistreated and why didn't they deserve it in your opinion?



> They actually respect the user's needs rather than expecting them to run the server like a staff member.

The Regulars are free to do whatever they want providing it doesn't break rules.  They can spend their time building giant penises for all I care, and never doing anything to help.  It's their prerogative, they're regulars.  And I am MASSIVELY concerned about the user's needs, that's why I CONSTANTLY ask for feedback and why I've plasted this site with links pointing to forms where people can submit their feedback.  Not only that but I've got several more DEDICATED forms in the works instead of people having to use the generic "Contact Us" one.  You know this as you've probably seen everything under the Staff Stuff tab already.



> And quite frankly those servers are far better than this server has ever got.


Then..

1) Tell me who, and we'll take their ideas and IMPROVE upon them (as Admin you should be reporting on the competition anyway).

2) Then why spend any time here?  Especially so much since you came back?



> The reason why I said that message to Jon is because I am appalled at the way you're treating those who are offering their time to help you.

When did Jon help me?



> Quite frankly the words that were running through my mind were, 'He got mad earlier because we can't do everything for him, the ungrateful lump'.

I never asked people to do everything for me.  Are you paying for anything, no.  Did you find me the new host, no.  Are you constantly thinking of new stuff we can add and improve, no.  I could continue.



> But I have, or had, more respect than that for you. I thought higher of you than this. You don't deserve any of our time, not the JMs/SMs, Vash's, the Teals', anyone's.

Spoken like a true hyperemotional hypersensitive disgruntled former admin.



> Don't denounce us for what we can't do.

I never asked the unreasonable.  Or did?  Exanmples?



> At least a word for what we are doing.

I have thanked many people, many times and rewarded many people with many promotions, many times.



> I haven't heard a nice word from you once on the subject of that forum converter.

How am I supposed to say anything nice when I haven't even seen it FFS?  At the moment it's "vapourware".  Show me something and I'll judge it based on that.  And even if it's unsuitable, or even garbage, I'll still thank you for your time, energy and effort.  But as I said I've seen nothing yet.  How do I know you've written a single line of code.



> I spent ages debugging that. And I don't know why I wrote it in the first place,

Because you offered?  Because I suggested we probably needed something like that?



> to be honest; you've never been grateful for anything I've contributed.

Which is why you have 22 more __PAGES__ of commands than everyone else.  What do you want, a fucking BJ?



> I'm deleting that accursed project straight after I've finished writing this.

And you judge my emotional reaction?  At least mine was born of stress and has led to a breakthrough; the Whitelist.



> Remember when I asked for the demotion? It's because I haven't got the time to do all the stuff you tell me to do.

Not even a few hours a week?  Fair enough.  But why didn't you insist when I said we should leave the rank as it was?



> I thought rather than make him think I'm a lazy piece of shit, which clearly isn't the case, I'd back out while I can and let those with more time than me get praised instead.


Well, as Vashal said, it's not like there's a set limit to the number of Admins.



> Yet you chose to keep me on. I'm suspecting you just got me here so I could help out, then kicked us all off when we can't be on all day.

Huh?  Can you say that slowly in your head first, then type it out again after removing idiocy?


No-one is banned, not even Amadis or Jon.  We have simply moved to a Whitelist now.  Everyone has had to reapply.  Mong reapplied with ZERO prompting, and of course was quickly added.  How hard is it for anyone else to do?




> I lost all respect for you the first time you flipped.

So everytime you spoke nicely to me it was under false pretence.



> Amadis and Alex are normal users.

Normal?  That's debatable.



> They're allowed to ask for plugins!

Agreed.  It's encouraged.  Hence the thread asking for suggestions AND THE CUSTOM "SUGGEST A PLUGIN" FORM!!

Them asking for the plane mod over and over and over again even after being told no and why, became tiresome but I bit my tongue.



> You don't threaten to ban people for being users.

Seriously, are you a former crack baby?  WTF are you saying?



> That's what users do. If you can't put up with that then you're a bad admin straight away.

> I thought it would've been a slip up, but then I saw this post of yours:(

> LOOKING AT YOUR PMs ONLY PROVES ME FUCKING RIGHT!!!M

> ELITE IS DEMOTED, AS IS SWORDMAKER2 TOO!!!!


Yeah and ultimately neither of you were demoted.  So what are you crying about?  Not only that, but has it occurred to you that perhaps that was a response to something dumb that was said?  You don't ask about their PMs content.

 




 

--




Owner, CEO, Interim CTO, Chief Strategist, Main Stress Monkey of Hank's Kewl Minecraft Server (KMCS)...

  • KMCS Minecraft-Bukkit server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net
  • KMCS Minecraft-Tekikt server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:25000
  • KMCS VST (Snapshot) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:26000
  • KMCS TFC (Terrafirmacraft) Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:27000
  • KMCS Attack of the B-Team Minecraft server IP: mc.kewlmcserver.net:28000

---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===

[Website: kewlmcserver.net]   -  Site Map / Getting around: subdoms.kewlmcserver.net

[Social Media: socialmedia.kewlmcserver.net]

Enjoying yourself here?  mcreviews.kewlmcserver.net


Donate / Get something kewl

Got an idea, a suggestion, a problem?  Click to let us know :)


Regards, Hank :)

March 7, 2012 at 10:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

966 views - 0 comments
1421 views - 0 comments